SRI AUROBINDO ASHRAM TRUST
Pondicherry - 605002, India (+91-413-2233628)
UPDATE - 10.12.2021
- The Ashram Main Building will open to the general public from 8:00am to 11:30am and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm from Thursday 16th December 2021 onwards.
- Ashramites and Passholders may additionally enter from 5:30am to 8:00am and from 6:00pm to 10:00pm.
- ‘Birthday group’ should assemble at the Ashram gate at 11:30am for meditation around the Samadhi.
- The regular evening meditation around the Samadhi (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday) will start from Friday 17th December onwards. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, only a limited number of persons will be allowed inside on a first-come basis.
- Playground meditations (Sunday and Thursday) will also start from Thursday 16th December onwards.
- The Government of Puducherry has issued an order Misc/Emergency order/12/2021 dated 04.12.2021 enforcing compulsory vaccination for COVID-19 in the Union Territory of Puducherry with immediate effect. Those violating the order are liable for penal action as per the provisions of the law.
- All Ashramites and SAICE teachers, captains, volunteers, coaches, and staff are requested to ensure that they adhere to the government order and ensure that they are fully vaccinated (two doses). Only those holding a certificate from a government registered doctor stating a valid medical reason for not taking the vaccine are exempt from the order.
- The Dining Room is now open for fully vaccinated guests (two doses). Due to Covid-19 restrictions still in place, only a limited number of visitors are being allowed. Visitors are requested to follow all the protocols in place.
- Ashram Guest Houses are already open. All visitors will be required to produce a Vaccination Certificate (two doses) upon check-in.
- Ashramites and Volunteers returning from outside Pondicherry need not be in isolation / quarantine if they have already been vaccinated (two doses).
- Those who have not taken the vaccine should either isolate themselves for 14 days after returning to Pondicherry OR take a Negative RT-PCR test report on the 6th day after returning to Pondicherry and submit a copy of the same to their Department in-charge. Please note: The day of arrival in Pondicherry is not counted. The next day should be counted as Day 1.
The Ashram Helpline set up during the pandemic will no longer be operational from Friday 16th December onwards. Visitors who have queries may contact Bureau Central.
Bureau Central Phone Number & Email
(Information centre for visitors & guests)
Download the Notices in PDF format: