SRI AUROBINDO ASHRAM TRUST
Pondicherry - 605002, India (+91-413-2233628)
NOTICE - PRECAUTIONS AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-I9
IMPORTANT UPDATE 31.07.2020
- The number of Covid-19 cases continues to rise sharply in Pondicherry. The town has more than a 1000 active cases, with more than a hundred new cases being added daily.
- It is reiterated that all must take responsibility to follow the following simple medical protocols: wear a mask to cover the nose and mouth in public places, maintain adequate distance from others, wash hands with soap frequently, avoid going to public places such as markets, and strictly avoid social gatherings and functions.
- Department in-charges should ensure that all the medical protocols that have been discussed in the training sessions are being strictly implemented in their Departments. Please continue to follow the advice regarding your workers on the Containment Zone app: https://containmentzones.appsaa.org/ For any queries in this regard, please contact Satya: 96774-28459.
- Domestic helpers and maids of a large number of Ashramites have been mapped on the Containment Zone App. Workers who are found to be near Containment Zones (within 50 meters) are being asked not to report for work as a safety precaution. Ashramites who would like to avail of this system for their private workers may contact Ajit: 95007-77751.
- It is advisable under the present circumstances to avoid calling domestic helpers and maids to work in residential spaces. This is for the safety of the workers, for your own safety, and for the safety of the entire community. They may be asked to stay at home on paid leave. For domestic helpers and maids, the system for screening their temperature, providing masks, and sanitising their hands at Workers’ Dispensary and Sanitary Service continues. As reiterated, this is only a precautionary measure and does not certify the medical health of the person. When they report for work, please ensure they first wash their hands and feet with soap and always wear the mask correctly inside the home.
- Currently, Ashramites returning to Pondicherry from outside are being quarantined for 14 days. Persons who come into contact with Covid-19 positive (or potentially positive) persons are also being quarantined. A separate notice from the Ashram Medical Services is being issued to explain the Quarantine Policy currently being implemented. For any queries in this regard, please contact Bhrata: 94888-18744.
- Ashramites and Volunteers who are currently outside Pondicherry are advised to defer their return to Pondicherry as much as possible.
Ashram Dining Room
- Due to the current situation, eating food in the Dining Room is still not advisable. Accordingly, the present arrangement for food pickup once a day from the Dining Room is expected to continue for the coming weeks.
- Please note that Domestic Helpers and Maids are not permitted to collect food on behalf of Ashramites from the Dining Room. A limited number of elderly persons who are unable to come to the Dining Room due to medical reasons are currently being delivered food at home.
- For Ashramites who are currently coming to collect food from the Dining Room but are facing difficulties in doing so, an alternative system is being put in place. Details will be shared soon.
Regarding Darshan Day (15th August 2020)
- Given the present medical situation, it will not be possible to hold the usual Darshan program this time. Sri Aurobindo’s room will remain closed.
- In accordance with Government regulations still in place, there will be no collective meditation on Darshan Day. It is proposed to set up a live camera feed of the Samadhi for the morning meditation, as was done on 24th April 2020.
- The Ashram Main Building will remain open for visiting the Samadhi, and message cards will be distributed on Darshan Day. More details will be shared nearer the time.
- Ashram Guest Houses and the Ashram Dining Room will continue to remain closed for all visitors until further notice.
- Devotees are requested not to make any efforts to travel to Pondicherry during this uncertain period. Please note that as per current Government regulations, anyone coming to Pondicherry from outside will have to strictly remain in quarantine for 14 days.
Physical Education Department (PED) Grounds
- Tennis Ground will reopen from 1st August 2020. Timings: 6:00am to 8:00am. No cycles/two-wheelers will be permitted inside.
- Only Ashramites and those with prior permission (before Lockdown) will be permitted to use the grounds. Students of SAICE are not permitted to use the grounds at this point in time.
- The following protocols must be strictly observed by all:
- Write your name in the register and sanitise/wash your hands when you enter and when you leave the ground.
- No exercising in groups, or gathering and chatting will be permitted.
- Please bring your own water bottle and mat, if required.
- Maintain adequate distance from other persons (more than 2 meters).
- Do not do strenuous activities with your mask on.
- If you have a cough, cold, or fever, please do not come to the ground.
- Please note that only walking, running, and individual exercise will be permitted. Except for tennis, no other games or group activities will be permitted.
- Anyone found not respecting the above rules will be asked to leave the ground by the Captain or person in-charge.
- Playground (including Body Building Gym and Asana classes) and Sportsground are also expected to reopen shortly. Details will be announced soon.
Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education (SAICE)
- As per current Government regulations all schools and colleges must remain closed until 31st August 2020. Accordingly, SAICE remains closed until further notice.
The Ashram Helplines will remain open for any queries or assistance:
Download the Notices in PDF format: