SRI AUROBINDO ASHRAM TRUST
Pondicherry - 605002, India (+91-413-2233628)
NOTICE - PRECAUTIONS AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-I9
LOCKDOWN – IV UPDATE 22.05.2020
Given the sudden spike of positive cases in Pondicherry over the last 48 hours all are requested to strictly abide by our previous notice dated 17.05.2020.
- Ashram Departments which are currently closed should strictly remain closed.
- As per Government notification, persons above the age of 65 should remain at home, except for meeting essential requirements (food, medical needs, etc.).
- Maids and Domestic Helpers are strongly recommended not to return to work until further notice. This is for the safety of the employees, for your own safety, and for the safety of the entire community.
Please be aware that in case of a continuing increase of positive cases, more restrictive measures may once again become necessary.
NOTICE ON LOCKDOWN – IV 17.05.2020
- The Government has extended the Lockdown until 31st May 2020 in order to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- There will be no significant change in the decisions conveyed in our earlier notice dated 05.05.2020 (attached below) until further notice.
Ashram Departments and Farms
- Except for those Ashram Departments which are already functioning, all other Ashram Departments should remain closed.
- If any Department is asked to open to meet pressing needs of the community, then a medical sensitisation for all the Ashramites, Volunteers, and Workers of the Department will be organised before the Department can be opened.
- In any event, no Department should open without prior approval.
- Please note that if a Department is given the approval to open, it will be the responsibility of each Department in-charge to ensure that all persons in the Department strictly follow the safety rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) issued by the relevant authorities.
- Ashram Farms will be allowed to start calling in their regular workers only after medical sensitisation and training in the SOPs.
Until then, Farm Managers are requested to carry on as at present.
- We continue to recommend that all Domestic Helpers be asked not to return to work. They will continue to be given paid-leave, and should be advised to stay at home for their safety as well as your safety.
- From Monday 18th May onwards, cooked food will be provided for pickup to all Ashramites on a daily basis from 8 locations in the town. A separate notice regarding food distribution details has been issued.
- In case of any unexpected worsening of the medical situation, the daily cooked food distribution may be stopped at any time, and Ashramites would have to use the Provisions that have been provided.
- The regular Laundry service will be starting in a phased manner from Wednesday 20th May. Details will be announced soon.
- As per Government notification, persons below the age of 10 and above the age of 65 should stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements (food, medical needs, etc.).
- Members of the community may call the Ashram Helpline numbers for any queries or assistance during this period:
Download the Notices in PDF format: